What are the Benefits of Cold Laser Treatments?
Just as plants exposed to normal sunlight synthesize carbohydrates in their chlorophyll-containing tissues (photosynthesis), laser light stimulates the formation and release of our body’s own chemical compounds because it increases cellular energy. Visible Laser Light laser light energy becomes absorbed by tissues, hence stimulating their metabolic processes.
- Increases circulation by increasing the formation of new capillaries by producing additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones, New capillaries speed up the healing process in damaged skin by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away-
- Stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is a major component of the connective tissue in the skin that creates strength and flexibility. Over time, the collagen in our skin decreases, causing wrinkles to form. External factors such as sun damage and smoking can also accelerate the aging process. Collagen is the essential protein uses to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance the holds cells together and has a light degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed in damaged tissue.
- Diminishes hyper-pigmentation or age spots. The photons of light energy enter areas of hyper-pigmentation and destroy or better disperse the melanin, which is gradually absorbed by the body.
- Stimulates fibroblastic activity, which aids in the tissue repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
- Stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
- Stimulates the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products quicker by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before cells can utilize it. ATP provide the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell. Intense light therapy acts as a “Photon supplement” to the cells. It allows cells to bypass the normal digestive and respiratory process to acquire energy to repair and the production of life enhancing enzymes.
- Increases lymphatic system activity. A large number of lymphatic lie directly beneath the skin, and play a significant role in maintaining health and beauty of the complexion. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components.
- The fist is a liquid, which can be evacuated by the blood system, and the second is comprised of proteins, which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of intense light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameter are also increases. this means that both part of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate.
- Lymphatic drainage helps the lymphatic systems function more efficiently by facilitating toxin removal and improving skin circulation. The result: Healthier, glowing skin and a more beautiful complexion.
- Stimulates acetylcholine release, which regulates parasympathetic effects such as resting respiration rate, heart beat, digestive process and vascular tissue dilation.
- Increase phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of cleanup. this is an important part of infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and cleanup must occur before the healing process can make place.
- Induces a thermal like effect in the tissue even though there is little heat produced by Cold Laser light, the photons do raise the temperature in the issue enough to kill or disable temperature sensitive bacteria and viruses.